Trayambakeshwar,Nasik and Shree Swami Samarth!



By Humbly and sincerely offering my ego at the feet of my Sadguru. I now continue to describe his leelas by his kind grace. I cannot emphasize enough of the fact that it is only the Sadguru who is the doer and we are all mere puppets at his hand.

We proceeded from Shani Singanapur to the ancient city of Nasik. Nasik finds it's mention in the Ramayana, and it is due to an incident in the Ramayana that the place got it's name. Nasik, literally means "Nose" in Sanskrit. This blog will describe the historical aspect of this great place.

It is said that everyone must burn in the fire of Karma Yoga (Often referred to as the yoga of work, it alludes to the fact that everyone must suffer the results of one's actions. Once the divine parabrahma through maya takes manifold forms(Purusha), every form has to go trough various changes,events often associated with the environment(Prakriti)). Lord Rama was the 7th avatara(incarnation) of Lord Vishnu. To teach us the ideal behavior to be followed by men, the Lord brought immense suffering upon himself as his father Lord Dasharatha bound by a promise had to exile him away from the kingdom for 14 years. He went to the forests with his brother Lord Lakshman and his consort Mother Sita. During their travels they came to the Dandakarunya forest. Here, there were 5 Banyan trees called Panchavati. This place became legendary, because the Lord stayed here and the dust here was blessed by Lord Rama's feet. Now, a Rakshasi (demon) called Shurpunaka came to this place and was enraptured by the beauty of Lord Rama. She came in the form of a beautiful damsel and asked Lord Ram to marry her. Lord Ram being the perfect man, God incarnate, refused and told her politely that he was married to Mother Sita and that he belongs to her and none else. Enraged by this Shurapunaka tried to attack mother Sita. But Lord Lakshmana stopped the demon and cut off her nose (Nasika in Sanskrit.) Hence the place came to be called Nasik.

Near this holy city lies the beautiful mountains of the Western ghats. It is in here that the holy "Trimbakeshwar" is located. This is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga's of Lord Shiva. As I was about to visit this holy abode of the Lord of gods, I was stunned by natural beauty and divine energy that seemed to permeate everywhere. I felt this in particular when I went inside the temple, amidst devotees, singing the glory of Lord Shiva.

Trimbakeshwar is also the birthplace of Mother Godavari, the mighty river. She takes birth in a crevice near this holy place and then vanishes in mother earth. Then she emerges again at the Shivalinga of "Trimbakeshwar". The water flowing here looks pure and crystal clear, and befitting for flowing near the purest of pure,Lord Shiva's shivalinga. Now I attempt to describe the Shivalinga at Trimbakeshwar. It is in the shape of 3 peerless, pure pearl white lingas, shaped like the human thumb. This is a unique Jyotirlinga, for it represents Brahma,Vishnu and Maheshwara. One prostration here is enough to wipe the sins of a lifetime. Blessed is he who visits this Kailasa on earth. By the grace of my Sadguru, who is essentially one with Lord Shiva and who himself resides at Trimbakeshwar, I was able to visit this most beautiful abode of Lord Shiva. Now, it is said that at times, one can hear the roar of a Lion from this Shivalinga. Then the priests present at the temple, start the abhisheka (Bathing the linga in Milk) and then chant the "Rudram" (A powerful vedic hymn from the Yajurveda dedicated to Lord Shiva.) Then it is said the roar of the lion stops, as the Lord calms down.

Blessed am I to have visited this Kailasa on earth. I was enthralled and exhilarated. After the darshan (Literally means seeing the divine or good in Sanskrit), I was returning with my parents. When my father asked the car driver about another great saint of Maharashtra, Shree Brahma Chaitanya Maharaj, who showed humanity the power of namasmaran (Chanting the divine name) of Lord Rama. The driver then said "sir, is it Lord Shree Swami Samarth that you talk about". My father thought that the driver was alluding to Shree BrahmaChaitanya maharaj and said yes. And then we went to a huge building overlooking a cliff. The building itself was 5-6 stories high, and looked verily like a palace. Once inside, we continually heard the chanting of "Shree Swami Samarth", "Shree Swami Samarth". I could see pictures of saints, whom I did not recognize. Once at the topmost room (which was like a meditation hall) I saw the picture of Lord Shree Swami Samarth.

Now, I do not exactly remember the emotions that I went through. I remember myself telling my mother, "Amma, what is this? We have reached the wrong place, for we do not even know who this saint is!" My father, recognized the divinity in this saint and bowed before him. He also decided to ask the person sitting at a counter nearby, who this saint is. I was blind at that moment, blinded by my ego, I did not stay there for too long, and wanted to leave as soon as possible. However with all this, I felt the place was beautiful and blissful. I did not know why (I know now), I even bowed before Shree Swami Samarth. It was only after returning to Bangalore that I came to know, that Lord Dattatreya himself had manifested in Akkalkot as Shree Swami Samarth.

Coming back to our visit to this ashram, my mother and I came downstairs for we wanted to leave and did not recognize the importance of the place. Then my father came and said, "It seems this saint is the guru of Shree BrahmaChaitanya Maharaj".. I was stunned and remorseful. Remorseful because I did not stay there longer and look at the divine face of Shree swami samarth longer.

After my visit, I came home, and I started reading the Sai Satcharita (The beautiful stories of Lord Sainath and his leelas, written by Late Shri Govind Rao Dabholkar alias Hemadpant). It was here that I found, Lord Sai Baba and Shree Swami Samarth are one and the same! They are incarnations of Lord Dattatreya.

I will write later in another post, the similarities and the evidence to prove that Shree Swami Samarth and Shree Sai Samarth are one and the same.

Blessed is he, who listens to the leelas of Lord Sainath and Lord Shree Swami Samarth. The stories are sweeter than nectar. By listening to them, one can cross the seven seas and attain moksha

In the next blog, by the grace of Lord Sainath, I will try to narrate a sweet story of Shree Swami Samarth.

Let me now sing in ecstasy, and I call you readers to join me in singing the glory of the Sadguru

"Ananthakoti Brahmanda Nayaka Rajadhiraja yogiraja ParaBrahma, Shree SatChitAnanda Sadguru Akkalkot Niwasi Shree Swami Samarth Maharaj ki JAI!!!"

"Ananthakoti Brahmanda Nayaka Rajadhiraja yogiraja ParaBrahma Shree SatChitAnanda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj ki JAI!!!"

"Shree GuruDeva Datta!"

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A PHOTO SHOWN IN THIS WEBSITE IS EXACTLY MIRROR IMAGE OF NORAML PHOTO WHICH IS WRONG, SO PLEASE CHANGE , A BALL SHOWN IN THE WRONG HAND,IT SHOULD BE IN RIGHT HAND, IT IS A SYMBOL OF UNIVERSE CONTROLLED BY SHRI SWAMI SAMARTHA MAHARAJ. PLEASE CHANGE THIS WRONG PHOTO IMMEDIATELY.
LifeOfSharath said…
Om Jai Sai Ram,

Dear sir/madam, thank you so much for brining to my attention the flaw in the picture which was there earlier in the blog. I have replaced it with a new one.

Thank you so much

Om Shree Swami Samarth!

Jai Sai Ram!
Anonymous said…
Hi,
We heard that one should not keep photo of Shri Maharaj with Mani in hand. Is it true? If so why? Please help us.
LifeOfSharath said…
Dear sir/Madam,

I do not know myself, but you have asked the question at a most opportune moment. A highly realized devotee of Swami Maharaj is in town. I will inquire with him and let you know. Do you mean a picture like the one I have put in this blog?

Regards

Sharath
LifeOfSharath said…
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please forgive me for the delay in replying to your query. Unfortunately I quite forgot to post a reply and was now going through this post and remembered that I had to post a reply.

Swami Maharaj is like our mother. He is the very image of mercy and motherly love. If something was not right, he would not have allowed it to be in the first place (Wrong image, image that cannot be kept at home etc). Unless he wills it, how can one come to keep his blissful images. This is what one very staunch devotee of Swami Maharaj told me and I found it to be completely making a lot of sense. May Swami Maharaj's blessings be with all!

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream