I went in search of Vitthala

I went in search of Vitthala
Of Pandhari he is the Raya (Lord)

I know not where lies Vaikunta
Nor do I know where lies the submerged Dwaraka

I was told you met Pundalika
On the crescent moon banks of the mighty Chandrabhaaga

During Karthika Ekadashi I saw that
Pandhari was a beehive of men

Everyone advised me, it is impossible
At that time to be in your eagle platform

Not possible was it, to glimpse
Your bewitching smile or your divine form

Not possible was it to see you on the brick
Not possible was it see with you Mother Rukmai


I went to my Guru's abode with these thoughts
An impressive durbar is his, and he is extremely generous

For my Sadguru is Lord Sainaatha
His hand is as bountiful as that of Karna

That night as I slept did I dream?
Was I asleep or awake or was it a vision or was it a dream?


In a desolate landscape I followed someone
Other than us two there was none

To see the man go and stand on a brick
To see the bewitching smile and divine form

For I held the magnificent form of the ancient lord of Pandhari
I fell at his feet and wept at the feet of my Mai (mother)

Held me did he in an embrace
Instantly I was in a blissful trance

The next day sang the priests
In the Sadguru's temple precincts

"Shirdi is my Pandharapura" they said
"Sai Baba is the consort of Rama" they affirmed

A fool was I to seek Vitthala elsewhere
In my Sadguru's abode alone was he present

In Guru alone can one see god
This lesson learnt I had

Sainath is verily the lord of Shirdi
He is none other than the lord of Pandhari

Sharath, the child of Baba prays to him for solace
From worldly troubles and miseries

His feet alone is my universe
They made me utter this verse

--Dedicated to the Lotus feet of Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj

--Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj ki Jai

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Abhijith said…
Another masterpiece! No words! I just read it as though I was hypnotized :)
LifeOfSharath said…
Thank you so much Abhi :) It is all his grace :)

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream