A dream vision

Shree Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj
Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha! Oh Lord Ganesha, thou art that primordial power from which this universe originated. Your excellent form represents all the vedas and shastras. Resplendent and full of glory you use your mighty axe to destroy the thick forests of obstacles. Verily only the blessed come to you, worshipping you with different names. The Samaritans, the Jews and the Christians say you are Yehweh. The Mussalmans call you Allah. The Sikhs call you Waheguru and those of Sanathana Dharma call you Lambodhara. Just as a child calls it's mother in a particular language, all your children seek you by calling you different names. Please look kindly upon me and help me sing thy glory. For is it not by your grace that one can cross the forests of Sandalwood to reach the mines full of gold and dimonds. Today I seek your help in trying to describe the dream vision that you verily gave me. For are you not one with my Sadguru? I then bow before Mother Saraswathi, without whose grace, how can one speak, let alone sing the glory of saints. Oh mother, please help me sing thy glory. I then bow before Brahma,Vishnu and Maheshwara who are responsible for creation,sustenance and dissolution of the Universe. I then pray to Shree Sita- Ramachandra. Then just as the delicious dessert is served at the end of the feast, I seek the blessings of the Sadguru now, who is verily one with the divine parabrahma and is an incarnation of Lord Dattatreya. Undeserving, though I am, like a kind mother, you came to me in a dream vision. Look ever so kindly upon me and let me see you again and again in both dream and wakeful state.Help me describe the most blissful experience that you gave onto me.

Often atheists and agnostics question my belief in God. "The Vedas says Parabrahma cannot be described! How then do I know he exists, without getting a logical description" asks one! " I believe in Science" Says another, "And Science asks me  not to believe in something until I have the proof". I am but a mere dullard. How can I even describe or provide proof of the existance of him, whom even the Vedas describe as "Neti, Neti" (Not this! Not this). Sometimes, their thoughts get into my mind too, like mud getting mixed up with clear water and cloud my vision. Whenever faith of the devotees weavers like this, the lord provides dream visions and/or other hints to prove that he is with us at all times. Let me describe one such blissful experience that I had day before yesterday.

The last vision I had was during a visit in Shirdi, which opened my eyes to the glorious form of the Sadguru. After that, I had not had any visions or dreams worth the mention. I was a little frustrated thinking about that. I often used to think, that my devotion has reached an all time low, and would I ever reach the same level of spirituality that I had once reached. A few days ago, owing to the changing weather patterns in Dallas city, I caught a nasty cold. Quite frustrated by that, I took medicine for cold, which made me really sleepy. I was very tired durirng this time. I had a strange dream in the night.

Shree Saipaadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji Maharaj
There I was in an unknown place, but with two of my close friends from Dallas. We all boarded a bus with the intention of going to the Indian stores. The other two friends of mine, each owns a car. I was perplexed  therefore as to why we were in the bus and told them "If you guys cannot get a car, I still have my friend's car. Let me get that. Why do we need to take the bus?". They answered "No! Do not bother! Let us take the bus". So off we went. After sometime we got down from the bus, into a building. We had to take the stairs and get down and then walk some distance to reach the Indian stores. I walked down some flight of steps and then after getting down two or three levels, I started feeling very very tired. I suddenly remembered that I had cold. In this tired state, I stood there, for another friend of mine met an old acquaintance of his, and since he was talking to him, I felt it was not polite on my part to leave them and stood waiting for them. Then feeling really exhausted, I prayed mentally to God "Oh God, please help me" . Then we all resumed walking and before I knew it, I was outside the building! But to my dismay, I found that all my friends had already gone ahead and they had left me all alone. Then to my surprise, I saw the Sai Baba temple in the distance. My mind registered that it is the Sai Baba temple near my house in Bangalore (Though it did not look anything like the temple present there). I looked at the time. I realized that in some time (At 6 PM) there would be the evening aarthi (Dhoop aarthi) of Sainath. I rushed inside to the temple, only to find that the Sanctum Sanatorium where the beautiful marble statue of Samartha Sadguru Sainath, Sai Prema Dhoota (The apostle of love) Narasimha Swamiji and Saipaadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji are present was closed and would open during the aarthi time. I came out then to tell my friends that instead of going to the Indian stores I had come to the temple. I called them and informed them the same.
Shree Sai Prema Dhoota Narasimha Swamiji Maharaj

After that I realized that it was almost 6 PM. Then an agnostic friend of mine from San Diego was suddenly near me. I told him "My dear friend, the aarthi is about to start, we must hurry!" . Then from the temple started a very melodious and beautiful aarthi in Marathi. The strange thing is, I had never heard this aarthi before in my life. I still remember the words "Owalu aarthi" and "Pandurangachi" from this aarthi. Even my agnostic friend was attracted by this beautiful aarthi. I started hurrying towards the temple. Then as I entered the temple, I started moving towards the Sanctum Sanatorium. The Tyagrajnagar temple now seemed really huge, and as big as the Sai temple in Shirdi. As I was moving along, listening to the beautiful aarthi, I saw the room of Shree Radhakrishna Swamiji. What was once a small cottege, now resembled a huge room. In it, I saw his cot and on top of that were his Padukas (representing his lotus feet) . As I looked at his room and bowed before it, suddenly I felt that Shree Radhakrishna Swamiji was coming behind me. I turned around but he was not there. Then as I proceeded along with scores of people, an old man came next to me and laid a comforting arm around my shoulders. I suddenly felt transformed. There was something powerful in his touch. As I turned around to see who it was, I noticed that it was a complete stranger. Somewhat dusky, probably in his 60s or 70s, the man was clean shaven. He wore a thick black spectacles on his head. His dress was a simple white dhotar. His hair was complete grey. Then the queue seemed to stop for a while and we all stood facing a distant platform. Then as we stood there (The old man was standing to my left) a person from my right side, came and said "Is not Shree Samartha Ramdas Swami great?". Samartha Ramdas, for those who do not know, was a great saint in the 16th century. He was the spiritual guru of Chattrapathi Shivaji Maharaj - the warrior Maratha king, who brought the wicked Mogul empire on it's knees. Then the man continued "Shree Samartha Ramdas swami said" and then he uttered a Marathi word which was incomprehensible to me. He then translated it as "That means, Shree Samartha Ramdas said, I will go alone or I will do it alone (I do not recollect exactly what were his words). But the wonder in all this is, gone was all the fatigue that I had experienced only a short while ago. I was feeling really blissful. Then suddenly my phone rang waking me up. It was my mother. I briefly spoke to her, telling her that I was still sleepy and she then suggested that maybe I should continue to sleep and then the call got disconnected. I was eager to go to sleep again, to continue with the blissful experience. However this time, my sleep did not have any dream visions worth the name. However when I woke up, I remembered the vision and was feeling on top of the world. I do not know, what store of merits in the past life and this life brought me this beautiful vision. It is always my explicit prayer to you oh Samartha Sadguru Sainath, Sai Prema Dhoota Narasimha Swamiji and Saipaadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji. Please look kindly upon me. After the vision, for one or two days I find myself getting easily angry and running after pleasurable things, which is quite inexplicable! Oh Sadguru! Please look kindly on me. I feel like one, who going in search of a treasure, has seen the distant glint of gold and diamonds in the sunlight, and then on trying to proceed in that direction, caught in a terrible and blinding thunderstorm. Please help me oh Sadguru! I place my ego completely at your lotus feet. I hand over the reins of my chariot to you. Being an excellent charioteer, I know you will take me to your abode. Look kindly on one and all. Please help your children.

||Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki jai ||

||Shree Saipremadhoota Narasimha Swamiji Maharaj Ki Jai ||

||Shree Saipaadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji Maharaj Ki Jai ||

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sairam Sharath,
Indeed you are blessed to have such a blissful dream.Through these years, I've experienced that holding on to HIM alone can help us get through this bhavsagar. Never let go!!!
Jai Sairam
Meena.
LifeOfSharath said…
Sairam Meena,

Thank you so much. Indeed you are right. I need to cling onto HIM, and crave for him instead of all worrying about all these worldly things. The mind is like a monkey, it keeps wandering everywhere. Worry seems to come automatically when sailing in this bhavasagar. Indeed HIS lotus feet alone help us get rid of this worry and take us through. :) Thanks for the comment Meena. Believe me, it came at a time when I needed it the most. Through you he is telling me "Never let go" :)

Jai Sairam

Sharath

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream