Shree Ramana Maharshi blesses me with a dream vision!

||Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha|| ||Om Shree Saraswatyay Namaha|| ||Om Shree Gurubhyo Namaha||

My humble obeisance to Lord Ganesha! The primordial lord of this manifold universe and the in-dweller of all, I place my ego at your lotus feet and beseech you to destroy the forest of obstacles that stand between me and singing of your glory! I then bow to Mother Saraswathi from whose womb the 4 vedas originated. Without her grace how can one sing the glory of the saints, let alone even think about it! I then bow to Lord Rama and Mother Sita on the auspicious day of Shree Rama Navami. A constant utterance of your name was prescribed by Girijapathi (Consort of Parvathi) as a panacea to all problems. I then bow before Shree Siddha Ruda Swamy whose Jayanthi also falls on this auspicious day! A great mystic and Jeevan Muktha (Liberated soul), differences of caste, creed and religion had fled from his realm and instead there was pure Advaita(Oneness). Before him I humbly prostrate and request him to give me unending devotion to the lotus feet of the saints. I then bow before Sadguru Sainath by whose grace alone all auspicious things happen in this universe. The Sadguru is Brahma,Vishnu and Maheshwara and he alone is Parabrahma. I place my ego at the lotus feet of Sainath and beg him to help me sing his glory!

I bow before the galaxy of saints who incarnate on earth at different points of time, to assuage the sufferings of the people. The Saints are verily the embodiment of god and none else. Santha (Saint) and Anantha (God) are one and the same. He who thinks them different is unfortunate indeed! The life of a Saint is wondrous and miraculous! Logic is of no use here! What is needed is pure faith and devotion. I make my obeisance to the myriad of saints who have blessed us with their nectar sweet stories. I now go onto narrate a dream vision that I had a few days ago, which was a sweet and delightful experience.

For who should visit me in this vision, but the great saint Bhagavan Shree Ramana Maharshi. One look at his endearing face and all sins are destroyed. Let me go onto narrate this dream vision in which I was blessed with a darshan (vision) of Shree Ramana.

This great saint was a Paramahamsa (Supreme) Yogi who appeared in the holy hills of Tiruvannamalai. Also known by the name of Arunachala, this hill is supposed to resemble the Jata (Locks) of Lord Shiva. This pristine hill is sanctified by an ancient shrine of Lord Shiva.

The Periyapuranam is the well known magnum opus in Tamil literature! It contains the hoary and blissful lives of the 64 Shaiva Saints. Having come across this work as a mere boy, Shree Ramana left all worldly ties and ran all the way to Tiruvannamalai. Chanting the name of Arunachala (Lord Shiva) all along, he reached the holy abode and performed severe austerities in a cave in this hill. Later some Yogis found the boy immersed in Samadhi (Trance) and found that insects were gnawing away at his feet and yet he was sitting blissfully absorbed in the self and oblivious to any pain or discomfort. They decided that he was Yogiraj (King of Yogis) himself who had descended on the hill for the weal of all! And they declared him to be a Paramahamsa Yogi (A yogi of the supreme order) . The saint then came back to worldly consciousness. Rich and poor, the strong and weak alike flocked around him. He spoke little, but in the powerful silence, his presence alone quietened the minds of those who came to him. Most came to take his blessings, some for spiritual gain, some came to test him, some others also came with disturbed minds, where as those seeking knowledge came with many questions as well. All their minds were quietened by his powerful presence alone. All their questions were answered before they were even put into words.  Such was the power of this Yogiraj! He thought one and all to indulge in self-inquiry and thereby gain the true knowledge of the self. Himself a supreme Jnani (One blessed with knowledge of the Supreme) he initiated many blessed devotees on the path of Jnana (Knowledge).  It was this very Supreme Yogi and incarnation of God who blessed me with a vision. It was indeed a store of merits from my previous births that must have provided me with this divine vision. For how else does an ignoramus like me get to see the endearing face of Shree Ramana. I prostrate humbly at his lotus feet!

It was one warm summer night a few days ago, when I slept fitfully. Though the heat was unbearable, sleep had come to me quite easily and I slept without any disturbances. It was around early morning that I had this wonderful dream. I was traveling along a road in a two wheeler with a friend. It looked like a beautiful place. There were a few trees on either side and there was a beautiful hillock in the distance. As I continued to travel along the road, a big blue bus which was traveling on the same road came alongside us. And then my friend suddenly exclaimed "Lo and behold! It is Bhagavan Shree Ramana Maharshi himself! Blessed are we by this sight!" . The people who were traveling in other vehicles nearby concurred with my friend. And when I looked at the bus, in the front seat I beheld a wondrous sight! For there was seated Shree Ramana himself! He seemed to be absorbed in the self and was in samadhi (Trance state of oneness with the supreme). He radiated a blissful peace all around and I was all at once quiet and feeling happy. I seemed to forget hunger and thirst and my eyes were satisfied with what they saw. The darshan (Vision) of Bhagavan was like nectar to the eyes. As I beheld him, he suddenly saw a lady also traveling on the road. She had a coconut in her hands. He spoke to her in Tamil and said "You want this coconut to be consecrated and given onto you isn't it? Let me have it then!". So saying he took the coconut. He looked up and held the coconut in his two hands as though he was praying to the almighty. Having consecrated the coconut he now wanted to give it back to the lady. The lady was now traveling adjacent to me in another two wheeler. The bus with Bhagavan had gone ahead of us. So Shree Ramana threw the coconut. It came straight towards me, and I caught it with my two hands. Shree Ramana smiled at me. Embarrassed a little I felt I should return the coconut to the lady as it rightfully belonged to her. So thinking, I gave the coconut to the lady. The lady however refused to accept it and said "Shree Ramana has given it to you! Please keep it yourself as Prasad for it is blessed by him". Happily I kept this coconut with me. Then Bhagavan stopped before a roadside vendor of coconuts and bought one more coconut. He consecrated it similarly and again threw it at us. This time it again headed in my direction. Hoping that this one at least should go to the lady, I dodged the coconut. It was caught by my friend this time.

By now I was confused and looked back at Shree Ramana! He smiled at me, and it was perhaps the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Immediately went  away all confusion,anxiety and fear! He addressed me in English and said smiling as ever "Why did you dodge the coconut? There was no need to do that". After this blissful vision I woke up feeling peaceful and blessed.

I do not know what this blissful vision means, but I am troubled by many afflictions right now in my life! After this dream vision, I felt I got an assurance from Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi that all will be well! I felt that after receiving his grace (In the form of the coconut) why should I worry and why indeed, should I have any anxiety!

I thank Bhagavan Shree Ramana Maharshi for his ever merciful blessing. A lowly ignoramus that I am, I do not know the way of the saints. However the omnipotent and omnipresent Lord God who incarnated in Arunachala is ever merciful and compassionate. This is how he extends his grace to all those who but even remember him once! I humbly prostrate before Bhagavan Shree Ramana Maharshi! I also prostrate before Sadguru Sainath, who is one with Shree Ramana! It is the grace of the Sadguru alone, that helps one get immersed in the nectar sweet ocean of stories of Saints.

||Jai Shree Ram|| ||Om Namaha Shivaaya|| ||Jai Shree Ramana Maharshi|| ||Jai Sai Ram||

||Anantha Koti Brahmanda Nayaka Raja Dhi Raja Yogiraja Parabrahma Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai||

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Jay said…
Wonderful Leela
LifeOfSharath said…
Thank you so much Prasanna :)

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream