The source of light

I went in search of the source of Light
I walked on and on day and night

I went in search of the source of air
Walking on and on I went to a Village fair

The merchants beckoned me with their colorful wares
Their beauty made me forget my original quest

I bought some items here and some there
I looked around and wanted to buy more and more

I became confused on what more to buy
I then became enamored by the dancing girls

I then became very sad by the things I did not have
I was not happy with the things I already had

Once the show was over, the dancing girls left
They went to entice other men in a different village

Hopelessly lost and deeply saddened
I remembered what I originally sought

In the night when the merchants had left
The light from the starry sky showed me the way

The cool breeze wafting through the city
softly whispered to me the directions to a cave

Treading in the moon lit night I reached  a cool stream
Nearby was a cave which was the dwelling of a wizard

I went and knelt down before a Wizard's lair
The fakir who came out was such a dear

He chained my feet to his neem tree
Don't wander anywhere and just be here


He said he would direct me to the source of my heartbeat
Asked me to give him the 2 coins I had in my pocket


I showed him all the wares I bought in the market
He asked me to throw them all into the waste Basket

I asked for my soul to be unlocked
To do this, 2 coins were all he asked

Having thus emptied all my money
The fakir unlocked my soul instantly

Finally I could glimpse the source of Light and air
I could finally see it in the Wizard's lair

Wherever my glimpse could go I could see
The source was the Fakir and he was within me



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream