A prosperous city

There is a prosperous city far far away
Where for thousands of years spirituality has held sway!

In this big town called Pandharapura
Lives a Sahukar (rich landlord) called Vithoba

His mansion is bigger than the biggest palace
And there he lives with his consort Rukmai

The many rooms in his mansion are occupied
By many famous personages of the town

Their names I happily narrate
As I think longingly of the house of my lord

Nivritthinath,Jnandev,Sopan, Muktabai
Namdev, Tukaram, Ghora Kumbhara and Savata Mali

Then there are Choka Mela, Damaji Pant
Also with them is the goldsmith Narahari

In other part of the mansion there are
Samartha Ramdas and Gajanana of Shegaon

There is also the son of Anasuya as Shreepada ShreeVallabha
And there is Shree Nrusimha Saraswathi born at Lada Karanja

There are also Shree Swami Samartha of Akkalkot
And Manik Prabhu of Humanabad

There is also my Sadguru the delightful fakir  Shree Sainath from Shirdi
There is also the weaver poet Kabir and his guru Shree Ramdas

Then there are Shree Brahmachaitanya from Gondavale
Along with Shri Shreedhara Swamiji the Avadhoota

There is also Purandara Dasa followed by Kanaka,
And a retinue of other dasas in the landlord's service

Along with Shree Sainath are Narasimha and Radhakrishna
These people are dear to one and all in this great city

In the creascent shaped banks of Chandrabhaga
Lies the heavenly mansion of my Lord Vithoba

I want to go to this great city to make my fortune
I longingly wait for an opportunity to visit this great city

The benevolent Vithoba distributes gifts which are priceless
By going there I hope to become rich beyond measure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream