When heaven meets earth in a warm embrace


Without prudence I took the plunge
The moment I beheld your beautiful form

Without thinking I ran straight
Into the burning bush of love

Without fear I jumped off the cliff
Taking the leap of faith towards you

However, the moment your presence is away from me
I feel the pangs of separation every moment

What madness is this that has besieged me
I feel breathless without your divine presence

I look towards the sun, the moon and the stars
For a sign from my beloved expressing desire to meet me

I wait for that moment at dusk when heaven
meets the earth in a warm embrace

Did not Rumi feel the pain of a Knife plunging through his heart
When Shams of Tabrez walked away from Konya unannounced

I run around not knowing where to find you and
In the midst of the forest I meet the Fakir

Impeccable features of a God in the guise of a mendicant
Deep eyes which are the very two eyes of Motherly affection

The fakir asked me to stop running around and look within
"Why seek beauty outside when it is closer to you than you think"

After long trails and tribulations like that of Rumi
Buring in the hearth of passion and longing

The Fakir finally showed me the cool spring waters of eternal love
Unhesitatingly I took a dip  to rid myself of this madness

Finally realized the truth that happiness like beauty is not out there somewhere
But is hidden deep within the recess of my own aching heart

Rid of all prejudices and opinions I looked at my reflection in the mirror
To find the deep pity merciful eyes of the Fakir staring back at me!

- Om Sai Ram.
- Dedicated to Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream