shelter!

I left my bolster to make a name in the world
I  left the shade of the neem tree to walk in the hot sun

Barefoot I walked in the burning sand of the desert of desires
Until I reached your city known for it's immense wealth

Leaving the cool shelter of the neem tree I went
Out looking to build a nest in an arid desert

Full of conniving merchants and mirages of all sorts
Disappointed several times, in seeking shelter I walked on

Until I finally found the beloved in a palatial mansion
I emptied the wine cup in my heart to fill her intoxicating love

I cleaned and built a palace of pure love for her to stay in
And invited her to leave her mansion and stay in my palace forever

She then coaxed me to leave the palace and live in her mansion
Much to my consternation I rebelled like one forced to give up drink

After staying a few days in the mansion, I found that
The beloved kicked me out to suffer the burning longing of separation

With insults and abuses hurled one after another,
Each piercing me like a million torture racks

In the arid desert I walk alone, with memories of the beloved
Burning inside out, I know not where to turn to

The fakir comes and asks, "Why did you leave your bolster?"
"Where will you find shelter here? This is all a mirage!"

"Why leave the neem tree to seek shelter in a desert without vegetation"
"Sit still and keep quiet and you will gain your object"

As I sat near the neem tree, the fakir's merciful gaze
acted like a healing balm, and I fell asleep at his lotus feet

Fitful sleep like one never experienced , did I experience
Not wanting to wake up from such a blissful trance

The faqir said "Seek the true beloved in the river yonder!"
As I looked at the river, I saw the kind eyes of the Fakir staring right back! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream