Sit still and I will do the rest!

I sat still near the fakir
Until I was driven to find a beloved

"Is it prudent to bet my life's happiness on another?"
Thinking thus I spent many a lonely days journeying the world

Until the beloved came to my arms and pleased me
I lost all judgement and prudence and fell hopelessly in love

Every day I walked on shards of glass to reach the beloved's embrace
Pain welled in the heart at regular intervals with hot tears streaming

And sometimes the walk was weary and drab
Without a shoulder to lean on or to weep

As my bleeding and battered feet walked on
I saw your neem tree in a soft clearing

The fakir said "Live like a lotus in water"
"Remember my name and cease this capricious journey"

"Seek the beloved within and live happily"
"This outer journey is the most crooked ever"!


"Some call him Allah, Others Ram"
"But remember his name and remain calm"

As I wept at the fakir's lotus feet and fell asleep
I realized  that this is my hallowed home

The fakir said, "Be happy and realize I am here!"
"Sit still and I will do the rest!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excellent one Sharath. Simple and profound..loved the verse 'Seek the beloved within'. Something we have to keep reminding ourselves everyday. Otherwise, easy to get lost in life !!!! God Bless...

Sairam
Meena.
LifeOfSharath said…
Yes Meena...It is so easy to get lost...and I often do get lost...Only Sainath by his grace can save us all and give us this wisdom :)

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream