Protect me oh Murari

When the huge armies of Jarasansha, Poundraka and Shalva stood
Marvelling at the beauty of Mother Rukmini near the temple of the mother of the universe

You appeared like a lion snatching it's prey from cowardly jackals
You quelled Rukmi's arrogance and put him in his place

You satisfied the innermost prayer of Mother Rukmini
And made her your consort at your hallowed city of Dwaraka

The worldly life is like swimming in an ocean of fire
Happiness here seems unattainable and elusive

People you love the most tend to hurt you with their words and deeds
Why oh why did I ever fall in love oh slayer of Mura

A thousand serrated arrows of unrequited wishes pierce my soul
Speaking my mind against this injustice only results in pain more foul

Give me the strength to detach from these wordly attachments
And let my tongue sing your gloried and hear your divine sport

Happiness lies only at your feet and nowhere else
This was realised by Rantideva, Ambarisha and Dhruva of yore

You removed the difficulties of your dear friend Sudhama in a truce
By eating a fistful of poha offered by him with love

Oh you who dons the Saranga, have mercy on me
Quell this raging fire by helping me dissolve in the ocean of your love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream