Santhakathamritha!


Om, I offer my Salutations to Lord Ganesha, the primordial source of the universe and the most intelligent one. The one true source of eternal bliss who removes vignas (obstacles), in the path of success.

I then offer salutations to Mother Saraswathi, the embodiment of supreme intelligence and I seek refuge in her feet and beseech her to guide her child in writing these blogs.

I then bow to my Sadguru, Shree Sai Baba of Shirdi. He is Parabrahama, he is Brahma,Vishnu and Maheshwara. He alone is the Saguna (With form) Brahman.

I then offer Salutations to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvathi who as Chandala Parameshwari and Sangameshwara are my family deities and ask them to bless me in this venture.

I then Salute my ancestor the great Sage Vasishta who was the guru of the Raghu Vamsha.

I then salute the countless saints of the deccan who have proved to be such an inspiration to me in my life, namely Dhyaneshwar,Tukaram,Ghora Kumbhara,Namadeva,Pundalika,Samartha Ramdasa,Shreepadha Shree Vallabha,Narasimha Saraswathi,Chidambara Dixit,Akkalkot Maharaj,the dasa koota and the list goes on and it is as vast as the sea.

When people begin to get to know me, they notice certain characteristic traits, which according to them, should not be present in a 24 year old. They can tolerate my irritating laugh or my sudden lapse into a thoughtful reverie. They can stand the anger that seems to manifest in me in no time. They even think, my obsession with science,number theory,physics and artificial intelligence is ok. But what they cannot understand is my biggest obsession. That is bhakthi (Devotion). Bhakthi to SadGuru (A realized teacher). Bhakthi to god. Bhakthi to the saints. A passionate desire to study and emulate the lives of the saints of Maharashtra(mainly) and Karnataka. Everyone finds it strange that I am interested in these things more than bollywood movies, the lifes of actors (the superficial life, if I might say) and the discussion on the hottest actresses and who they are dating. It is not as though I am not cancerned about the latter. I do know all these details as well. But only a fraction of my time I spend on the latter. Most of my time goes towards Bhakthi. It was not always like this, or so I think.

My reason for writing this post was to let people know what kind of posts they can expect from me. Most of my blogs will focus on religion,philosophy,physics,mathematics,computer science and last but not the least on the lives of the great saints of the Deccan. Hence the title Santhakathamritha (The nectar stories of the saints.) . I again stress the fact that I am a mere instrument in the hands of the almighty, my Sadguru Sai Baba, by whose grace I am able to pen my thoughts and by whose grace I hope to receive spiritual thoughts and by whose guiding hand, I hope to write whatever I have come to know about the world around me.

I will describe some of my spiritual experiences in the next few blogs.

Bow to Shree Sai, Peace be to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream