The Quest


Om Jai Sai Ram! I bow before that primordial force from which all originated and into which all dissolves. Ganapati is one of your several names. Obstacles are singed by your very gaze. I beseech you to help me sing your glory. I then bow before Mother Saraswathi with her pure vermillon mark holding the Brahma Veena and riding the Peacock. The four vedas originated from her womb. I beseech her to give strength to my utterances. I then bow before the family dieties Mother Parvathi and Lord Shiva in pristine Kailasa. I seek their blessings in this venture to sing the glory of the saints. I then bow before Shree Sita Ramachandra, who is perfect amongst the most perfect, purest of pure. His name ever on the lips of Hara. I then bow before the lotus feet of Samartha Sadguru Sainath and ask him to guide me in this life which is veritably an ocean of challenges and desires which keep rocking the boat which we use to travel.

Today I had a strange experience. I was doing something and felt the need to gaze at the blessed picture of Sainath Maharaj. The first thought that came to my mind was to go to Facebook and look at a picture of his that I had recently posted. However to my dismay I found I was disconnected from the internet. I did not know what to do! Try as I might, I could not connect to the internet even after repeated attempts. And yet there was a deep desire to look upon the luminious face of the Sadguru before which worries, fears and miseries just melt away. Where was I now to look for to get a glimpse of that compassionate mother like glance of the Sadguru. I suddenly realized then! It hit me! I minimized all the windows on my desktop and there was this picture of the Sadguru, blissfully looking at me. In my complex state of mind filled with ego and unnecessary worries, I had forgotten that the very wall paper on my laptop was that of Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj. It just made me realize, how often in vain do we try to search for him all around the world. When in reality he is truly within us and our true nature. He is anywhere and everywhere. Gaze at any cration of his and it is encompassed by him.

It also made me realize that as long as the Sadguru be with us, all our worries and fears are baseless. "What would happen to me if this happens?", "What about my ailment?", "Where will I go from here?". These are baseless worries and questions. The Sadguru will always show the way. It is for us to completely surrender unto him and his guidance will surely come to us. With him as the helmsman, why should we worry about drowning in this ocean called Samsara (Life). I express my heartfelt thanks to my Sadguru for making me realize this and I fall prostrate at his lotus feet and cling onto them for they are verily the universe to me.

||Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai||

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Sharath,

I recommend you buy and read this book on amazon "Unravelling The Enigma" - Shirdi Saibaba in the light of Sufism. Read my review of the book there (reveiwer is spiritual soul) - it will give you insight into why you should read this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Unravelling-Enigma-Marianne-Warren/dp/8120721470

May the Lord of Shirdi always be with you!
LifeOfSharath said…
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for suggesting this book to me. I read your review and find that the book might be a fascinating read. I will try to get hold of it as soon as possible.

Jai Sai Ram

Sharath
Anonymous said…
Sharath,

I also recommend you read about Shirdi Saibaba in Lord Meher's biography. The content is quite different than what you would find in all other books of Saibaba.

http://www.lordmeher.org/index.jsp?pageBase=page.jsp&nextPage=62

May Saibaba continue to bless you with the best.
LifeOfSharath said…
Sairam Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for Sharing Lord Meher Baba's Biography. I think Upasini Baba was the spiritual guru of Meher Baba. He considers Baba to be one among the 5 Qutubs (Pivotal masters) the others being Tajuddin Baba,Upasini Baba,Narayan Maharaj of Khedgaon and Hazrat Babajan the great saint of Afghanistan. It is very inspiring to read his account, which concurs very closely with Das Ganu Maharaj's account in Bhakthileelamrutha. Another fascinating thing is the famous poet/translator Coleman Barks who has translated plenty of works of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi often quotes Lord Meher Baba. Thank you so much for sharing this page. I am blessed. May Sainath be always with you. Blessed am I to get interesting information from you.

Jai Sai Ram

Sharath
Anonymous said…
Yes. you are right. Infact as per Meher Baba one of Saibaba's Guru (from a previous incarnation 700 years ago) was Zar Zari Zar Baksh. Saibaba is supposed to have medidated in this cave where he was enlightened.

http://travelingwiththebeloved.com/PLACES/ELLORA%20AND%20KHULDABAD/sai_baba_cave.html

Jai Sai!
LifeOfSharath said…
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you!This is really fascinating information :) Please always keep providing me such wonderful information on our dear Sainath Maharaj :)

Om Jai Sai Ram!

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream