Real Treasure


The King of kings came in the guise of a fakir
And threw open the coffers of his treasure to the faithful

With patience the apostle of love earned this wealth
And like a philanthropist started distributing the wealth

The self made billionaire among billionaires went about
Looking for a spiritual son to continue the good work

Then came a young gentleman dressed impeccably dressed
He became the rightful heir to the wealth of the universe




The care taker of the universe said, come take this wealth
Not recognizing the treasure's worth I walked towards the cunning merchants

After haggling with the merchants long and hard
I bought the wares that I did not need





I ran after the counterfeit money that was required
To do transactions with the merchants of the world


Forgetting the real treasure trove hidden near the neem tree
I ran after ephemeral treasure which excites the sense organs



I gave myself away without prudence to the people of the world

I got only barbs and disappointments to my free flowing love

I finally realized the futility of seeking counterfiet money
And I came to your court to get the real spiritual treasure of the universe

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you are interested - Visit the samadhi of Bet Narayan Maharaj in Bangalore (probably just about 20 min away from Thyagarajnagar Saibaba temple).. details here. As you may know Narayan Maharaj was identified by Meher Baba as one of the five perfect masters(Shirdi Sai being one of them).

http://www.trustmeher.com/files/five/narayan.htm

- From another Sai soul

LifeOfSharath said…
Dear Sir,

By Baba's grace I have visited the Samadhi of Bet Narayan Maharaj. It is in close proximity to the ancient Gavi Gangadareshwara temple.Thanks for suggesting the same.

Jai Sai Ram

Sharath

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream