Roots of your neem tree


I saw a beautiful maiden
She seemed to be of divine origin

I rushed in pursuit of her
But she was nowhere to be seen

I searched land and air
I searched here and there

Finally within the forest
I saw her golden temple

I ran wildly to enter the temple
But she closed the door in my face


I was grief stricken as
It seemed a torture to even breathe

I went again in search of another entrance
Of the divine beauty if I could but get a glance

Try what I might, I could find no way
Tired I went to the neem tree some distance away

At the tree sat a fakir with divine countenance
By looking at him, I went into a trance

For there was no temple, no maiden
No neem tree or even I

There remained only the fakir
He recommended that I do the zikr

In his blissful company I realized
That he is the source of all beauty

The neem tree was actually in my heart
It revived the soil which had gone dry

The soil in my heart became fertile again
Of bliss there was plentiful rain

Oh Sadguru, get me out of the entanglement
In the web of this illusory world

For you alone are real,
All else is verily unreal

You alone are mother
You alone are father

You alone are my beloved
You alone are my everything

May the roots of your neem tree
Penetrate deep into the fertile soil of my heart

-- Dedicated to Sadguru Sai ma (Mother Sai)

Shree Satchitaananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream