|| Jai SaiRam ||

Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha! I bow at the lotus feet of Lambodhara, the indweller of all beings and the primordial source of all life. By the mighty axe of discrimination, he chops through the thick forest of obstacles and clears the way for all those who believe in him. Oh mighty armed, help me sing thy glory. For, are not the saints your very own manifestation? Help this child of yours in singing the glory of the foremost of lineage of Raghus.

I then bow before Uma and Umapathi. Had it not been for their delightful conversation on the pristine Kailasa, where Kailashath (Lord of Kailasa), explained that the most pristine word is "Rama", how were we to know. Oh Girijapathi, I bow before you and mother Uma. Please initiate in me a love for chanting the name of Rama, which you always do and enjoy. Rama called you his Ishta daivata (Favorite Deity) and worshipped you. You called Rama your Ishta and worshipped him. Who can but understand the two of you my Lord? But dullard am I when I see the two of you as separate. For are the two of you, not the same reality? Bless me oh, Lord, So I may always chant the names of Umapathi and Raghupathi together.


I then bow before the beautiful Vanara, the mightiest in the universe and an incarnation of Lord Shiva, Lord Hanuman. Oh Lord, initiate me in the mysteries of the name of Rama as you did to Vibheeshana. For do they not say, that where Lord Rama's glory is sung, you are there. Then why do you ignore this child of yours my Lord? Sinner though I may be, I have come seeking refuge in you. Please show me the infinite glory of Shree Ramachandra.

I then bow before Sita Ramachandra. Mother Sita, you have been ever kind on all your children. Me, your child may be a sinful wretch. But the mother is ever forgiving and merciful to her children. As you held Lava and Kusha in your motherly embrace, help this child of yours, and help me sing the grace of your consort.

I then bow before the long armed (Ajanabahu) incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who is the most pristine in this universe and is loved by all. Oh darling child of Kaushalya, kindly show your beautiful form to me. You have never forsaken those who have sought refuge in you and have protected them always. Did you not, for instance, protect the sacred work of Goswami Tulsidas from getting destroyed? Did you not protect Bhadrachala Ramadasa from being prosecuted by the Nawab. Oh foremost of the Raghus, your name is as sweet as your form. Bless this child of yours, so I may ever be your servant. Help me sing your glory.

I then bow before the Samartha Sadguru  Sainath Mahraj, who is verily an incarnation of Rama and is one with him. For this very fact can be established by the fabulous incident that once happened in Shirdi.

When Baba arrived in Shirdi and started living in the mosque (Which he lovingly called Dwarakamai), blessed were the people of Shirdi. For they were so close to God. They could see the Lord God in Shirdi each and every day living and moving amongst them like an ordinary fakir. Dressed in a simple Kafni, and holding the Zholi (Bag) and tumbler in hand, he would beg for his food every day. The name of Allah never left his lips. He would always proclaim "Allah Malik" (God is lord) . He also would tell people, that there is only one reality. That Rama and Rahim (Allah) are one and the same. Sabka Malik Ek (God is one). In the mosque, he kept the Dhuni (Sacred fire) burning all the time. From this came the sacred ash (Udi), which he distributed freely to one and all. Fabulous were the powers of this Udi, invoked by Baba with the name of Rama. It turned out to be like the Sanjeevani (The sacred plant brought by Lord Hanuman from the Brahmagiri mountains to cure the fatal arrow wound of Lord Lakshmana) for all devotees, curing incurable diseases and bringing peace and plenty to them.

Baba often used to sing the bhajan "Ramte Ram Aayoji! Udi ke Guniya layo ji" (Meaning : come oh playful Rama! Bring with you sackfuls of Udi). Fortunate were those who heard this song in Baba's melodious voice. However there were some in and around Shirdi, as there are many today, who were prejudiced by religion, caste and creed etc. To them all, Baba taught that god is one. He is invoked only by different names. Not only did Baba teach this, but he also showed that he was one with that God! He was indeed Sagun Brahma (God with form). Now listen to this fabulous incident, already sung in great detail by Shree Hemadpanth in the Shree Sai Satcharitamritha).

There was a doctor living in a certain city who was a staunch devotee of Lord Rama. Like moulding an image from clay and water, he had combined the principles of Science with those of devotion. On one side was rationality while on the other blind love. For this man of medicine was fond of nothing more than the lotus feet of Sitapathi (The consort of Sita). Sometimes the rationality clouded his judgement in devotion. As it did in the below instance. But like a mother, Sadguru Sai was there to show him the way.

One day, a friend came to visit this doctor. Being a very close friend, he thought always of the welfare of his friend, the doctor. Hence he came and said " Oh my friend, listen to me. In the district of Ahmednagar, is a village called Shirdi. Fortunate are those who visit this place, for in it, lives the Lord God himself. He has taken an incarnation as a simple fakir. He lives in a mosque which he calls Dwarakamai. One look at his lotus feet, is not enough, for his vision is most endearing.  By god's grace, I have now got an opportunity to visit him. Since you are a close friend of mine, and I wish nothing but the best for you, would you please accompany me in this journey. Let us together fall flat at the lotus feet of Baba".

The doctor friend thought about all this and got agitated.  He replied "What is this that you ask of me, oh friend? Have you not known me all these years? I love to worship and chant the name of him who is adored by Lord Shiva. Kailashnath has his name always on his lips. Rama himself is my ishta (favorite Deity). I do not worship anyone else. And now, on top of all this, you ask me to come to a mosque and bow before a Musalman (Muslim). How is this possible?"

The friend replied "It is your misfortune that you do not recognize Baba. However, I would never force you to bow before Baba and Shirdi, and neither will anyone else. But if you accompany me during the journey and back, I will be most grateful to you, for I loathe going alone on this long journey. I seek only, the pleasure of your company" .

The doctor friend consented after thinking for a long time. Thus the duo set out for Shirdi. After the journey they arrived near the Mosque(Dwarakamai), where Baba resided.

It was noon time. The noon aarthi (Waving of Lamps in front of the Deity. Usually 5 lamps are lit to indicate the submission of the 5 senses to God). The friends were accompanied by some other fellow travellers. They all were aware of the doctor's resolve not to bow before Baba. When they entered the Dwarakamai however they were in for a shock. For who should go first, and fall at the feet of Baba, than the doctor himself. Baba placed his bountiful hand on his head and blessed him.  Fighting back tears in his eyes, the doctor stood and looking longingly at Baba attended the aarthi. When the eventually came out, everyone who accompanied the doctor during the journey, including his friend asked him "What wonder is this?! What happened to your resolve not to bow before a fakir? You were not even ready to come here! How then, did you fall flat at Baba's feet?".

With tears of happiness in his eyes, the doctor explained " What Mussalman (Muslim) and what fakir are you talking about my friends? For as soon as I entered the Dwarakamai, whom should I see, but my Lord Rama holding the Kodanda (Bow of Lord Vishnu) and smiling benignly at me. Never had I seen my Lord Rama at such close quarters. Ecstatic, I went and clung to his feet". As the doctor was explaining thus, Baba came and stood at the entrance of the Mosque. Seeing the form of Baba as a fakir, the doctor exclaimed "How could he be just a Muslim fakir?! He is a complete Yogasampanna (Full of Yoga) incarnation of Prabhu (Lord) Shree Rama" and then saying so, he again bowed before Baba.

Then feeling guilty, for all that he said and felt about Baba initially, he decided to observe severe austerities till Baba would bless him. Leaving food he started fasting until Baba was to bless him. He even resolved not to go to Dwarakamai until Baba called him. However after 2 days, another acquaintence of his came to Shirdi, and he was forced to go to Dwarakamai with him. Then Baba enquired after him and asked "Oh Bhau! Did you come here, because someone you knew came here to see me?". Knowing the appropriateness of this question, and Baba's knowledge of what was there in his mind, with tears in his eyes, and hair standing on their ends, the doctor once again fell flat at Baba's Lotus feet and clung onto him.

"You alone are my Rama oh Baba! Kindly bless me! Without your grace, where can I go?". Baba smiled, and placed his boon bestowing hand on the doctor's forehead. Immediately the doctor went into a trance (Samadhi) state. For fifteen days and nights, he continiously experienced a state of bliss, even after returning to his hometown. Thus is the power of the Sadguru's grace.

All the different gods are in the Sadguru only. The Samartha Sadguru alone is Shree Rama. Baba proved this from this beautiful incident. May Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj, who is to us Rama and Shama, bless us on this Ramanavami. Let us all wish Baba, happy birthday, for is it not his birthday indeed.
Happy birthday oh my dear Sadguru. You are the long armed Raghunandan (The noble descnedent of the Raghus).

||Jai Shree Ram||

||Jai Raghuveer Samartha||

||Sree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai||

||Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!||

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream