Santha Narahari : Measuring the waist of Vitthala

Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha! I bow before the most intelligent and primordial power, who is the queller of all obstacles. Sinner though I am, I have come to seek refuge at your holy feet. Look kindly upon me, oh Vakratunda, and lead me onto your realm. For are you not known as the refuge of your devotees (Bhaktha vatsala). When I have caught your lotus feet, how can any of my endeavors fail?  I now fearlessly sing the glory of Santha Narahari by your grace.

I then bow before Mother Saraswathi. Oh mother, without your grace, where be this child of yours? Help me in this endeavour of mine.

I then bow before the Sadguru, who is Sagun Brahma (God with form). He is the ancient lord of Pandhari whose praise sang Santha Tukarama.

I then bow to Umapathi (The consort of Uma), seated in deep meditation at the pristine mountain of Kailasa. His long locks ebb the flow of the mighty and every purifying Ganga. The beautiful name of Rama is ever on his lips. It is by his inspiration that one gets the desire to chant the name of the long armed one (Ajanabahu).

I then bow before Mother Sita, who is the ever pristine incarnation of Mother Lakshmi. Though the world gave her nothing but trouble, she blessed one and all like a true mother.

I then fall flat at the feet of those divine brothers Lakshmana, Bharatha and Shatrugna. Their sacrifice and selflessness and has been sung endlessly.

I then bow before the ancient lord of Pandhari, who is the source of all saints, and whose vision is the most enchanting thing  in the whole world.


In the previous post, I described by Sadguru's grace how, Santha Narahari refused to enter the eagle platform of Lord Vitthala. He asked the merchant to measure the waist of Vitthala with a thread.

And measure Vitthala's waist did the merchant. He brought back the measurement to Narahari. And with the name of Kailashnath (Lord of Kailasa) ever on his lips, Narahari came up with a most beautiful ornament for Vithoba (Meaning Father Vitthala). The merchant happy with the ornament, went to the temple. The priest was also overjoyed to see the belt. However when they tried it, it turned out to be a little too short for Vitthala's waist.


The merchant went back to Narahari, and mentioned the problem. "Oh Narahari!" Said he. "It is quite unfortunate, that this exquisite belt cannot fit Vitthala! Though the measurement was quite accurate, I cannot understand how the belt turned out to be a little too short?".

Narahari, puzzled said "Never mind, oh merchant. I will make this belt a little longer, so it could fit Vitthala. Please give me some time". So saying Narahari again started repairing the belt to make it a little longer.

This time however, when the merchant tried to put it on Lord Vithoba, he found the belt to be a little too long. Hence he went back to Narahari.

The merchant had to go back and forth to Narahari for quite some time. Finally, Narahari made a bold decision. He decided to go to the eagle platform and measure Vitoba's waist by himself. But he still decided to stick to his resolve. For he would go with the merchant blindfolded to the temple.

Now see how Panduranga performed a great miracle. By the grace of the one who stands with an enchanting smile on a brick, I will describe it in the next post.

|| Jai Jai Ram Krishna Hari ||

||Jai Pundalika Varadhe|| Hari Hare ||

||Shree Namadev Tukaram Pandarinath Maharaj ki Jai||

||Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai||

||Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to All ||

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream