From Where comes this light?


One day, my friends and I
Came to a clearing in a think, dark, dense, forest

Through the leaves streamed sunlight
"Wherefrom comes this light?" I asked

One friend said "From nowhere"
"I do not see it's source, so it cannot exist"

Another friend said "It must have an all powerful source
but it must be formless and nameless, since I cannot see it"

Another friend with a sharp eyesight saw a little of the sun
In a small gap between two branches

"I see it's source, all bright and powerful"
"And it has form too for I have seen it with my eyes"

At that moment I saw a fakir sitting near a tree
We all went to him and asked

"Wherefrom comes this light?"
"Which one amongst us is right?"

The fakir said "Close your eyes"
"Now where is the light that you saw?"

At that moment the darkness cleared
And we were in a green pasture

There was light everywhere
And there was no darkness

At that moment we realized,
That the Guru is the source of all light

For it is because of him
That everything shines

He being everywhere
He makes us see the light

For does not say the Guru Gita
That Guru is the dispeller of the darkness called Ignorance

Our lives were bright, none was the darkness
As we laid our heads at the lotus feet of the Guru

Useless was the argument
Needless was the debate

One can only know him
Who indeed can describe him

In the midst of his lotus feet there is no darkness
Here there is no dearth only there is happiness.

--Dedicated to the lotus feet of the Sadguru

Anantha Koti Brahmanda Nayaka Raja Dhi Raja Yogi Raja Parabrahma Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai!

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream