The Quest!


I saw on the other side of the bank a glitter
Gold it must be, thought I, with all the intelligence I could muster

To reach there, I went in search of a boat
A big river it was, like around a fortress a moat

I met on the way a fakir
At a place I thought unlikely and queer

"Where art thou going?", he asked me
With a compassionate smile and a calm countenance asked he

Said I, "Yonder to the other side of the river bank"
"In search of gold and happiness let me be frank"

"But do you know where exists this gold?" he asked
"The gold is by a dense forest masked"

"There are dangerous tigers, wolves and hayeenas in this forest
Do not be foolish in going there alone, this is my request"

"I do not need any advice", said I
And onwards in quest of boat went I

In quest of a boat, canoe or bridge
I walked and walked till I reached the edge

A bridge I finally did see
Across the river it took me

I searched there all day long
Found nothing of value that I could take along

I searched and searched
Till the same bridge I reached

I walked on distraught
Till I met the same fakir at the very same spot

"So did you find it?" asked he
I answered "The tigers, hayenas and wolves found me"

"They attacked me, and barely alive I escaped"
"Till darkness and despair was I with envoloped"

The fakir angrily said " You had been warned"
"This would not be the case, had you listened"

"I can give you all that you want and more"
"The gold is right here, along with dimonds emeralds and more"

Said he thus, and at his feet I saw as promised the treasure
It was so immense and infinite, impossible it was to measure

It had no begining nor end
Inexhaustible it was, no matter how much I spend

I clung onto the feet in all eagerness
And it gave me all the happiness

This is what I sought, which earlier I had missed
Clinging to the lotus feet of the Guru, I feel indeed blessed


-- Dedicated to the lotus feet of the Sadguru

Anantha Koti Brahmanda Nayaka Raja Dhi Raja Yogiraja Parabrahma,Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj ki Jai!

Avadhuta Chintana Shree Gurudeva Datta! Shree Gurudeva Datta! Shree Gurudeva Datta!

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to All!

Comments

Swetha said…
I don't have words to describe this post.. Awesome job.. God Bless U! :)
Jai Sai Ram
Anonymous said…
Sairam Sharath,
what an amazing post from you...you are truly blessed.

Jai Sairam
Meena

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream