Nine verities of food


There were nine verities of food served to me
I ate them all and each bite got rid of me

Finally difference there was none
The one who served, me and the food served became one

There was no more hunger or thirst
I did not require any food or rest

Where were my friends, for they are me
There were no strangers, for they are he

Where the five elements were
They seem now to be everywhere

Where is the fire, and where be the air
Who said they are distinct is in his outlook unfair

Who said there is earth and who said there is water
Not anymore distinct do they appear

Where was the Sky and where were the stars
Where was the earth and where is Mars

They all seem now to be centered
If they are different defective sight to be feared


Where is everywhere and where is nowhere
All are here, do not look elsewhere

-- Dedicated to the Lotus feet of the Sadguru

Anantha Koti Brahmanda Nayaka Rajadhiraja Yogiraja Parabrahma Shree Satchitananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai!

Avadhuta Chintana Shree Gurudeva Datta! Shree Gurudeva Datta! Shree Gurudeva Datta!

Bow to Shree Sai! Peace be to all!



Comments

Dhruva Trivedy said…
What a beautiful verse to display total surrender!!
Beyond any word that can describe this!
LifeOfSharath said…
Thank you Dhruva uncle, it is all his grace.. :)
Dhruva Trivedy said…
His grace no doubt! But He too is choosy!!

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Samarth Tarak Mantra

Ruso mama priyaambikaa

My father has the darshan of Swami Maharaj in his dream